Valentine Tran spends a day at the Quoin office in Boston. (Pictured)
We have been working steadily over the last few months on a new design for the Quoin website. The goal for this effort was to update site aesthetics and to add features that simplify our recruiting and publishing workflows. We now have completed this redesign, so I wanted to thank those involved and to call attention to their hard work.
Josh Toliver created an engaging new design, and was extraordinarily patient in discussing layout and color choices throughout the process. Josh Ra'anan was the principal developer -- he did an outstanding job building the new pages and making changes to the underlying Django web application. Ben Keith performed ongoing code reviews in a technical lead role, and has been instrumental in improving the build and deployment process. Bhavesh Bhasin helped to complete the final design. Megs Thaman has been very helpful in coordinating the work, and will continue to be responsible for managing site support. Adrian Steffen, Glen Hankett, and Laurie Corkum have all assisted in testing and other important tasks to complete this project. Our summer 2016 intern, Noah Scott, worked on social media integration. Finally, special thanks to Jodie Kain for volunteering to prepare the new images.
A few highlights of the new design are the following.
- Modern and sophisticated page design for the entire website
- Improved responsiveness to enhance the mobile web user experience
- Redesigned home page that features a visual narrative about Quoin
- Improved News page for posts on company news, technology, and our weekly Tech Talks
- Improved Contact page and form
- Integration with the Workable platform for recruiting
- Integration with our internal resource management system for updating staff biographies
- Integration with Facebook and LinkedIn for cross-posting to our social media pages
We still have some work to do in the next few weeks, in particular, improving the description of Quoin services and reference projects.